Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
The concept is simple: color selection is a snap with Concepts® Underglazes!
These underglazes offer a multitude of vibrant fired ceramic colors in a balanced palette of compatible hues of light, bright and dark colors, making color selection easy – whether it’s your first time or your hundredth!
Concepts® Underglazes have a versatile formula that allows for translucent designs with one coat and solid coverage with three. They’re also nontoxic and food-safe with the application of three solid coats or when food-safe clear glaze is applied over them.
Concepts® work beautifully with other Duncan products, including French Dimensions™, Satin Glazes, Crystals™ Glazes and Courtyard™ Art Glazes.
How to use Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
1. Apply to shelf cone 04 bisque.
2. Fire to shelf cone 06.
3. Clean up with water.
4. For clear glaze application, brush-on or dip clear glaze over Concepts.
5. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
6. Water clean up.
Tips & Techniques
1. For Majolica, apply Concepts designs over 3 coats of SN 352 White Satin.
2. For quick and easy solid coverage, try the drop 'n fill technique. Generously load a #6 or #8 round brush with Concepts and drop color onto desired area. Let dry.
3. Concepts colors mix and blend easily. Be creative and mix your own blend using two or more Concept colors.
4. Concepts works well up to cone 5-6. For high fire applications, we recommend firing a test piece because high fire clays vary.